Protecting Our Place
As part of a proudly New Zealand owned and operated hotel group, Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier is committed to protecting and contributing to the local environment in a positive way. Being positioned in ‘Glacier Country’ means the responsibility to the local environment is even greater as this geologically significant and fragile eco system is one of the key reasons for visitors travelling to the region.
Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier has a number of initiatives across the hotel that work toward a sustainable future for this special environment. These include:
- Chemical free cleaning products
- Plastic reduction / elimination
- Monitoring of energy usage and conservation
- Comprehensive recycling and waste reduction programme such as
conversion of cooking oils into bio diesel and composting.
- Staff training in sustainable hospitality
- Stringent ‘sustainable supplier’ evaluations
- Supporting local producers and suppliers of this village community
- Supporting local charities and community programmes.
Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier upholds their Qualmark Enviro Bronze award by supporting sustainable living and actively encouraging guests to participate in simple but highly effective hotel initiatives to help keep New Zealand green and beautiful as well as supporting small regional communities.
As a guest of Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier you will not only enjoy genuine Kiwi hospitality in the heart of Glacier Country but also make a difference to local communities, not for profit charities and the wider environment by simply staying the night.