Located 2400km north east of New Zealand with a land area of 260km sq, Niue is one of the easiest islands in the Pacific to get around. Its unique topography offers up a diverse range of world-class nature experiences, spectacular seascapes, welcoming people, and a range of excellent hospitality experiences that showcase the local cuisine.
For those looking to combine team building activities or engage in active pursuits as part of their Niue event or conferencing experience, there is everything for active adventurers to lifestyle enthusiasts, from mountain biking through graded tracks and trails to snorkelling and serious scuba dives. Niue offers up the ultimate destination to try something new and connect with your inner sense of adventure, or simply kick back and watch the natural world go by.
A stay at Scenic Matavai Resort provides guests with an excellent, full facility resort base to explore the island from, or simply make Scenic Matavai your island home and enjoy sundowners on the terrace, watch dolphins at play and simply soak up the incredible seascape that can be viewed from the resort’s prime, clifftop position.
- The currency in Niue is New Zealand Dollars
- Both Niuean and English are widely spoken in Niue
- The population in Niue is less than 1500
- Most businesses offer EFTPOS and accept NZ debit cards, Mastercard & Visa
- There is no ATM on the Island, however you can withdraw extra cash from Kiwibank in Alofi
- Niue is 11 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time